Re: [SKOS] Proposed Resolution for ISSUE 26: RelationshipBetweenLabels

Hi Alistair,

My apologies, indeed I quoted the wrong example. Indeed they are
special cases of your Annotation vocabulary given in [1] (just
repeating to get this clear for myself).

- In the example extension given in [1] you specialize skos:Annotation
into an ex:AbbreviationRelation and the skos:annotatesLiteral into
ex:abbrevFrom and ex:fullForm.

- in the animals/fauna extension you specialize skos:Annotation into
ex:ThesaurusTerm and skos:annotation into ex:prefTerm ex:altTerm.

So the crucial bit here is that you can specialize skos:Annotation
into either a class representing a relation, or a class representing a
Term. That's really clever. It does make me feel uncomfortable though,
from an ontology engineering point of view it feels like wrong
modeling. But I have no clear idea whether it really matters.

Cheers,
Mark.