Re: [SKOS] Proposed Resolution for ISSUE 26: RelationshipBetweenLabels

Hi Alistair,

Why is terms-as-classes an extension of [1]? The whole idea of
terms-as-classes is that properties can be made between the
term-classes (i.e. between two URIs), while [1] assigns no URI to them
but simply repeats the literal. If the range of abbreviatedForm were a
resource (URI) instead of a literal, then I would agree that they are
equivalent (but still not an extension).

ex:A a skos:Concept;
   skos:prefLabel "Corporation"@en;
   skos:altLabel "Corp."@en;
   skos:annotation [
     a ex:AbbreviationRelation;
     ex:abbreviatedForm "Corp."@en;
     ex:fullForm "Corporation"@en;
   ].

Cheers,
Mark.

[1]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-swd-wg/2007Mar/0092.html

--
  Mark F.J. van Assem - Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam
        markREMOVE@cs.vu.nl - http://www.cs.vu.nl/~mark