RE: Global concept identification and reference: Published Subjects and decentrally provided identification points for notions

I just finished reading: "Published Subjects: Introduction and Basic
Requirements".  The argument made by the PSI folks that anyone can
issue PSI's is fundamentally flawed.  This statement doesn't take
into account the realities of copyright law.  Since a PSI requires
you to publish a human readable description of the concept, any
non-authorized third party description will be in violation of the
KOS publisher's copyright.  Therefore PSI's can only *legally* be
issued by the publisher of the KOS.  The document initially has the
focus that PSI's are for KOS publishers, but then they go off into
the wind without thinking about the implications of suggesting
*anyone* can create them.

Certainly, once published, anyone can use them since the requirement
is that the URI must resolve to a human readable resource that is a
description of the concept in the KOS.  This implies that a PSI
cannot be behind authentication schemes, but it's not strictly
forbidden and I'm assuming it's not forbidden to allow KOS
publishers to use PSI's in a private service oriented context.
Some KOS publishers will not be willing to use PSI's due to
intellectual property concerns, but might be willing to provide
opaque URI's to concepts in their KOS.

Andy.