Re: Coverage of SKOS-Core 1.0

Dan Brickley wrote:

>* Miles, AJ (Alistair)  <A.J.Miles@rl.ac.uk> [2004-03-16 12:41-0000]
>

>>I believe SKOS-Core is suitable for encoding any type of KOS whose
>>fundamental unit may be modelled as a concept.
>>

>What is a concept?
>
>Sorry, had to ask...
>
>(might also ask what a fundamental unit is... what's the fundamental
>unit of RDF? terms? URIs? resources? classes? hard to tell...)

It might be an idea to have a nosey around the SUO [1] and Conceptual
Graph [2] material for wording of parts like this - they've spent a lot
of time counting these angels.

Fundamental unit of the  =>Resource<= [hint hint] Description Framework?
(Mind you, that would probably lead to "Thing Ontology Language")

Cheers,
Danny.

[1] http://suo.ieee.org/
[2] http://www.jfsowa.com/cg/index.htm