Re: FW: Single value for soks:prefLabel ?

I say this is a good solution.

If you have something with soks:preferredLabels you can refer to the concept
by either label, which is probably useful in lots of cases - hence the use
case for alternative labels.

If you havea thesaurus where two concepts have the same preferredLabel, you
need to be more specific in order to get to a single concept.

Leaving this open makes merging thesauri easier - you have a valid one, even
if you don't instantly correct all cases of using the same label for two
concepts. Which means you can develop organically. But the cost is that
sometimes you will have to choose what concept you get, from a fuller
description (other labels, looking at the examples / definitions). So it's
normally helpful to avoid this situation...

cheers

Chaals