Re: NEW Issue (5) - Using Concepts for subject-based indexing and cla ssification

From: NJ Rogers, Learning and Research Technology <Nikki.Rogers@bristol.ac.uk>
Date: Mon, 10 Nov 2003 13:44:54 -0000
To: "Miles, AJ (Alistair)" <A.J.Miles@rl.ac.uk>, "'public-esw-thes@w3.org'" <public-esw-thes@w3.org>

Hi Alistair

> AJM>> We could go with qualified dublin core, and recommend using
> dc:subject.

> So in summary, I have suggested an approach to subject-based indexing
> using thesaurus concepts that is entirely consistent with all variations
> in the qualified dublin core approach. The question is, do we like dcq?

Also, for content providers describing collection level data we might want
to recommend:

http://www.ukoln.ac.uk/metadata/rslp/schema/

?

Nikki

NJ Rogers, Technical Researcher
(Semantic Web Applications Developer)
Institute for Learning and Research Technology (ILRT)
Email:nikki.rogers@bristol.ac.uk
Tel: +44(0)117 9287096 (Direct)
Tel: +44(0)117 9287193 (Office)