Re: EPUB Accessibility: Discovery of the Writing Direction (DRAFT 1.0)

Thank you, Koji, I was wondering that too.

Also, what does “discovery of writing direction” refer to:

   1. discovering automatically the writing direction of content if it hasn’t been marked correctly or the publication’s metadata is missing/incorrect/incomplete; or
   2. how to mark up & denote writing direction in a publication’s metadata and content so that a reading app can “discover” the text’s writing direction?

And how does the `dir` global attribute fit in:

   https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Web/HTML/Global_attributes/dir

And isn’t the writing direction implied by the language attribute (assuming metadata & content is marked correctly):

   https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Web/HTML/Global_attributes/lang

Is this discussion a metadata discussion or content markup discussion or both?

Cheers,
Jens

--
Jens Tröger, Founder, Bookalope