Re: Math formula and accordian

On 22/09/2019 04:12, sirisha gubba wrote:
> Hi everyone,
> I few questions about ePub:
> The math formulas were created using wiris.com MathML editor. They
> are showing fine in iBook but they not showing properly when ePub is
> opened with Edge browser.

This was discussed extensively in the EPUB3 class of the Hands-On
Digital Publishing sessions at the XML Summer School last week.

MathML works in iBook but is unusable in other readers.

> Please see the example below  how the formula is shown in Edge
> browser. Do you have any suggestions on how to make the formula work
> in edge browser?

MathJax apparently works well in several readers.

Otherwise render it to an image and include the image.

The rendering in most readers is very poor, and the manufacturers are
not interested in improving math.

> 2) I am trying implement accordion inside the ePub. It is working
> fine in HTML page.

Don't bother. Readers can't even display simple CSS correctly, so the
chances of them implementing accordion text are minimal.

Peter