Re: [epub32] updated deprecated text

The question of the support of legacy features by RSs confirming to 3.2 is of no real interest IMO. If they support legacy features, they are certainly also compliant with legacy formats (i.e. EPUB 2). No specification needed in the EPUB 3.2 doc.

In practice, apart from some old "EPUB 2 only" compliant RSs, the market is now filled with EPUB 3 + 2 compliant RSs. It would be madness to not support EPUB 2 (i.e. legacy features) today because of the volume of existing EPUB 2 publications.

On the other side, as per http://epubtest.org/testsuite/epub3/ <http://epubtest.org/testsuite/epub3/>, they is no RS that can state it fully supports EPUB 3 (whatever minor version).
In life, EPUB RS try to support EPUB 2  + EPUB 3.0 to EPUB 3.2, but mostly the features that authors are using. This is why deprecated features in EPUB 3.2 are useful.

To answer to Rick's question about other RS under developments apart those who participate to the discussion (especially Readium), there is MYWO in Sweden; Lars Wallin is member of the BG.

Cordialement,

Laurent Le Meur
EDRLab