Re: EOCred: name search for credentialing organization

On 27/03/18 18:06, Hugh Paterson III wrote:
> In general I think I am fine without coopting the value from permit.
> However, In this whole process I am not seeing how the assertion of a
> badge holder or credential token holder actually is verified. But the
> verification of tokens I think is a separate assertion.
That's a fair point, but we're not trying to duplicate what can be done
with Open Badges or what the Verifiable Claims WG
<https://www.w3.org/2017/vc/WG/> / Credentials Community Group
<https://www.w3.org/community/credentials/> will produce (in fact, we
are trying not to duplicate that).

For non-verified assertions, a simple hasEOCredential (or whatever)
property of Person pointing to an EducationalOccupationalCredential may
suffice. When the output of the VCWG / CCG is know that could be
converted to schema.org and added to the range of hasEOCredential

FWIW, to my mind all statements in schema.org are unverified assertions.
Me saying I have a PhD from Bristol University is just as open to
challenge as me saying my name Phil Barker. So I think the scope of
verifying claims goes way beyond Educational and Occupational
Credentials. (A mediating type of similar nature Role
<http://schema.org/Role> that can be used with any property might work,
it think the wikidata data model works like that.)

> What is also unclear to me is how an institution who did previously
> offer a creational and has since ceased can continue to advertise that
> they have previously offered the credential but are now not doing
> business with that token. If the offeredBy attribute is only going to
> exist for currently offered courses/credentials then how is an
> institution supposed to model past offerings?

schema:Offer has a property availabilityEnds
<http://schema.org/availabilityEnds> which can be a date in the past.

Phil

--

Phil Barker <http://people.pjjk.net/phil>. http://people.pjjk.net/phil
PJJK Limited <https://www.pjjk.co.uk>: technology to enhance learning;

PJJK Limited is registered in Scotland as a private limited company,
number SC569282.
CETIS is a co-operative limited liability partnership, registered in
England number OC399090