Re: EOCred: Identify the level of a credential

Thanks for your comments Nate. Just a quick note now because it's
getting to the end of Friday here...

On 16/02/18 17:39, Nate Otto wrote:

> Maybe I changed my mind on using alignment, particularly because
> AlignmentObject already has the "alignmentType" property, which
> includes "educationalLevel" as an option.

Let's not bring AlignmentObjects back in to the reckoning. The terms
used for the alignmentType are essentially proxies for properties of the
thing being described. You could think of educationalLevel as being a
refinement of educationalAlignment, but done in a odd way as a property
of the AlignmentObject. There has been a fair amount of discussion of
this approach over the last couple of years, and I think there is a
consensus that where possible it is better to have direct specific
property - value relationships rather than using AlignmentObject to
refine the meaning of a generic property.

In short, taking educationalLevel out of the alignmentType and making a
property of the thing being described was deliberate.

Phil

--

Phil Barker <http://people.pjjk.net/phil>. http://people.pjjk.net/phil
PJJK Limited <https://www.pjjk.co.uk>: technology to enhance learning;

PJJK Limited is registered in Scotland as a private limited company,
number SC569282.
CETIS is a co-operative limited liability partnership, registered in
England number OC399090