Re: EOCred: Identify the level of a credential

I understand this point but leaving levels out seems like throwing the baby
out with the bathwater.

We need to be able to represent levels in many of the use cases for
credentials.   Perhaps we need to take the tiger by the tail and embrace
the complexity.  Have three "kinds" of levels as  independent constructs:
1. Levels of performance
2. Levels of accomplishment
3. Rating Levels (this is a terrible term- I was looking for a term to
isolate a proprietary set of levels like the "Level 3 Pinball Wizard"
example above.)

I know this adds more stuff which goes against the simplicity doctrine but
perhaps  it will actually make things simpler by allowing the different
"kinds" of levels to co-exist.

Alexander Jackl
CEO & President, Bardic Systems, Inc.
alex@bardicsystems.com