Re: Next call

Dear HXL,

Great to see such renewed energy going into this! Below I propose a series
of ways to present HXL’s position in the forrest of integration /
information layers. It’s not meant to be an exhaustive selection of
positioning methods, instead this presents some ways that Joseph thinks are
promising & concise.

Comparison Matrix – analysis of differentiation

*IEE 802.11n*

*OASIS-CAP&UIMA*

*WSDL & SOAP*

*W3C EIIF*

*EDXL*

*IPAWS*

*AMIGO*

*HXL*

*IEE 802.11n*

*x*

*OASIS-CAP&UIMA*

*x*

*WSDL & SOAP*

*x*

*W3C EIIF*

*x*

*EDXL*

*x*

*IPAWS*

*x*

*AMIGO*

*x*

*HXL*

*X*

This comparison matrix would be used to describe how each information layer
is different to the next.

  *Summary of HXL and its configuration*

*Representation*

*Organizing Vision*

*Key Functionality*

*Type/Scope*

*Value Added*

These are (some of) the dimensions that will need to be introduced in order
to present HXL

  *HXL Participation and Operator Analysis*

*Partners*

*Number of Participants*

*Diffusion*

*Openness *

*Operator of the Platform*

*Ownership / Funder / Sponsor*

*Ratio of “Developers” to End-Users*

*Direction of Relationships*

Horizontal

*Governance Structure*

Network

*Power, dependency*

Pooled

*Trading mechanism*

Matching

These are the dimensions that are required to satisfactorily introduce the
HXL group.

  *HXL Area of Application and integration*

*Supported Phases*

Activation and information phase

*Functional scope*

Resource and activity tracking

*Number of application areas*

2

*Competitive Advantage*

*Geographic Focus*

Virtual, international

*Industry focus*

Humanitarian

*Potential for Integration *

These are (some) dimensions that I think would summarise the application
potential of HXL satisfactorily.

Looking forward to HXL2014! It's a priviledge to be a witness to the
snowballing of HXL!

Warm Regards,

-Joseph.