Fwd: Tools for eGovernance

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Paola Di Maio <paola.dimaio@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, Nov 14, 2012 at 4:08 PM
Subject: Re: Tools for eGovernance
To: Owen Ambur <Owen.Ambur@verizon.net>

Owen

> **
>
> Paola, don’t get me started on the term “governance” … which all-too-often
> implies trying to gain the upper hand, politically speaking, to force **
> others** to do things, rather than focusing on that which we could and
> should do for ourselves, in partnership with those who share not only our
> values but also our objectives.

Thank you for the reminder that this group is still not started taking
steps (unless I missed it) toward creating a shared definition for
egovernance (see previous emails). Not sure if the members of the group
have been surveyed yet to see what definition would work for them etc. (but
we had some exhcnages on this list to that effect)

> ****
>
> ** **
>
> BTW, it is good to see that you have documented a mission and personal
> goal at http://personal.strath.ac.uk/paola.dimaio/  Imagine what might be
> accomplished if multitudes of people were to document not only their
> longer-term goals but also their near-term objectives on the Web in an **open,
> standard, machine-readable format** like StratML.****
>
> ** **
>
> Thank yo for the prompt

I have gone to STRATHML creator and created a test file to start with-
is there  a directory of strathml files I can load to>

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B5XeDqbLLqHSQWpDdnFfLUdkbWs/edit

cheers

PDM