Re: Publishing in PDF

Hi Gannon

Sorry for my tardy reply - making up for it here. :)

I've sent this to the list as well as it may well be of interest to
others. I'm also reincluding your earlier links on redaction:

http://www.fas.org/sgp/othergov/dod/nsa-redact.pdf

and

http://www.rustprivacy.org/RedactionOfPII.zip

I'm looking forward to your post - while redaction as a method of sanitisation/deidentification of document drafts / classified material is of obvious import to anyone working in the gov sphere, I suspect it could also have obvious implications and uses within creating metadata rich government publications that leave behind unwanted or messy markup/vendor specific information (such as MSO tags)? Ironically we were chewing on the converting PDF to HTML on the fly issue today at work - so I for one would be very keen to explore any such options that you intend to present in that particular regard.

However I'd also like to highlight this in the broader scope of PII redaction in PSI for the Web Tech project - this obviously is a necessary part of Best Practice in terms of the Project scope. Would be keen to see you expand on that aspect for us.

Thankyou for your contributions - keep them coming!

Cheers

Chris