RE: applications and vocabularies enabling public debates

Hello Luigi, all.

I think that Obama's administration takes steps in fast pace towards
semantics.

OMB and GSA chief architects talk about semantics and vocabularies,
explicitly mentioning SIOC (see links below).

SIOC was developed by John Breslin's team in NUIG/DERI, Galway (happy
about this ;-)

We currently work with debategraph in the WAVE project and try to see
how we could link semantics to arguments visualization tools. The idea
is to create a SIOC-Opinion extension.

If the group has an interest on this, we could provide some relevant
info or even a use case if it is not too late.

I cc David Price from debategraph and some colleagues from DERI.

Best regards,

Vassilios

http://www.sitepoint.com/blogs/2009/03/19/obama-groundbreaking-use-seman
tic-web/