Persistent Identifiers anyone? Re: volunteering for topic areas and use cases

I can work on the persistent identifier use case.
http://www.w3.org/2007/eGov/IG/track/actions/17
Is there anyone else interested in teaming up with me?

I used handle technology to create persistent URLs to U.S. Congressional
legislation. We've been working on this project since 2005. Although it is
listed as G2C interaction, we built this more for internal G2G clients who
are more likely to build websites that frequently use our links. An
external help page was recently made available about the project.
http://thomas.loc.gov/home/handles/help.html

Some background: The Library of Congress has been using handles for about
ten years. The CNRI, Corporation for National Research Initiatives, handle
system is described in more detail at http://www.handle.net/faq.html. An
early review of the use of handles at the Library can be found at
http://lcweb2.loc.gov/ammem/award/docs/handle-server.html .

Below is the email announcement about the project.
Announcing permanent links to THOMAS

Permanent simple links are now available to access legislation in THOMAS
(http://thomas.loc.gov). The legislative handles project will provide
persistent access to Congressional digital collections held at the Library
of Congress. Legislative handles are a convenient way to cite legislation
in bibliographies, emails, blogs, or web pages.  The current link
structure has not changed. Legislative handles are an additional way to
access content on THOMAS.

How to create a legislative handle
To create a legislative handle, start with  http:// followed by
hdl.loc.gov/loc.uscongress/  Add the name of the collection, a period, and
the Congress number   legislation.110  Immediately type the bill
abbreviation and the bill number without punctuation. This handle will
resolve to the Bill Summary and Status page.  For example:
http://hdl.loc.gov/loc.uscongress/legislation.110hconres196
http://hdl.loc.gov/loc.uscongress/legislation.110sres69

Specific questions can be sent to the Library's Ask-A-Librarian service.
http://www.loc.gov/rr/askalib/ask-digital.html
For the complete legislative handle syntax and more information, see the
THOMAS handles help page http://thomas.loc.gov/home/handles/help.html.

Anne Washington
Standards work - washingtona@acm.org
Work work - awashington@crs.loc.gov