Re: Government and "web basics"

Adding a couple bits to the discussion...

I was very glad to hear from the CIO of one of those countries leading
the charts: "it's nice to be there, but what it really interests me is
to transform our government in order to serve our citizens better."
So, even them take those with a grain of salt. Fortunately, because
there are many wrong assumptions. One that draw my attention last year
was the new "user centricity" indicator in the 7th EU benchmarking
study [1]. See p.23, and the part about Web Acessibility: "Site's
compliance with international standards of accessibility
This indicator measures stated (text or logo) compliance with
international accessibility
standards."

So, if the site has the logo is a +1, otherwise a 0? Yes, there *is*
misunderstanding about what W3C and others do.

Oscar, the only report I found so far and I was *very* glad to read is
that of Australia, that AGIMO issues on a yearly basis, called
"Australians' Use of and Satisfaction with e-Government Services".
Most recent at [2]. It was very informative for me and it's public! I
wish more governments would do this.

Josema.

[1] http://ec.europa.eu/information_society/newsroom/cf/itemdetail.cfm?item_id=3634
[2] http://www.finance.gov.au/publications/use-of-e-government-services-2007/index.html