Re: Looking for support on establishing editing community group

Hey again,
I thought I should point a bit to the rechartering stuff: Most of the
editing stuff has been moved to the WebApps WG [1] (Input Events,
Contenteditable, Selection API). One that was not moved was the execCommand
draft spec which I have been told was a mistake, but I have also been told
that as long as we don't move further along the W3C track with that spec
until the next rechartering, it doesn't make much of a difference whether
or not it has an official status.

execCommand is controversial - some want to drop it and on the JS side it
is not being used very much, but at the same time most of the issues that
have come up in the editing repository have in some way been related to
proposed changes to execCommand. So I think it's a good idea to continue to
keep working on that text in some form, even though it likely won't be
finished in the next 50-100 years.

One draft text that could go through incubator, etc. is
contenteditable-disabled [2]. However, it's mostly relevant for Safari.
Possible only Safari, due to their formatting context menu, so I'm not even
sure if we could ever get two implementations of that.

[1] https://www.w3.org/2019/05/webapps-charter.html
[2]
https://github.com/w3c/editing/blob/gh-pages/contentEditableDisabled.html

http://www.johanneswilm.org