Re: Copy editing of Conneg

Here's an example from the document that I do not know how to interpret:

In section 6.3 it first lists two types of request: list profiles, and
get resource by profile. Then it says:

"A server adhering to this specification MUST respond to each request
with the following responses."

and that is followed by a two statements: one about list profiles and
another about get resource by profile.

The quoted statement makes it sound like for each type of request BOTH
types of responses are required. My guess is that these are
"respective", that the response to list profiles is a list profiles
response, and the response to get resource by profile is a get resource
by profile response.

Is my guess true? If so, I will try to adjust the wording.

kc

On 9/30/19 1:34 AM, Karen Coyle wrote:
> Lars, et al,
>
> Since we have some time for more work on Conneg I would like to do some
> copy editing - mainly re-organizing of sentences for better clarity.
> Should I do a single PR or would it be better to break it up into a
> series of PRs?
>
> Here's an example of what I would do:

> "This section describes a conceptual – abstract – model for content
> negotiation by profile, independent of any implementation it within
> specific environments."

> "This section describes a conceptual or abstract model for content
> negotiation by profile, and is independent of any specific
> implementation of the model."
>
> Let me know what you prefer.
>
> kc

skype: kcoylenet