Re: [dxwg] Change domain or create superclass of dcat:Distribution (#317)

From: Simon Cox via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Mon, 23 Sep 2019 11:04:39 +0000
To: public-dxwg-wg@w3.org
While I stand by the model sketched [above](https://github.com/w3c/dxwg/issues/317#issuecomment-417501215) in principle, there is probably an overriding principle here: that if an abstract superclass only has one concrete sub-class, then it is probably redundant and confusing. I understand that it might be convenient for the Profiles vocabulary to be tied into a generalized `Resource &rarr; Representation` pattern, that requirement is external to DCAT so I don't think we have an obligation to meet it here.

Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/dxwg/issues/317#issuecomment-534052868 using your GitHub account