Re: [dxwg] Clarification on foaf:homepage / dcat:landingPage for dcat:Catalog (#763)

From: Simon Cox via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Mon, 23 Sep 2019 10:46:36 +0000
To: public-dxwg-wg@w3.org
@agbeltran [makes a rather subtle case](https://github.com/w3c/dxwg/issues/763#issuecomment-464923119) for the distinction between `homepage` and `landingPage`, also backing it up with evidence from actual usage.

Nevertheless, I think the issue was actually triggered by us not spotting this consequence of the (new in version 2) sub-class relationships to `dcat:Resource`. In most cases there would be not distinction between `homepage` and `landingPage`. I would advocate deprecating `foaf:homepage` in favour of `dcat:landingPage` whose name is a bit clearer. Probably too late for v2 though.

Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/dxwg/issues/763#issuecomment-534047863 using your GitHub account