Re: [dxwg] Dataset series (#868)

From: makxdekkers via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Sat, 21 Sep 2019 12:09:13 +0000
To: public-dxwg-wg@w3.org
@matthiaspalmer I understood your approach, I think correctly, as repeating the downloadURL in a single distribution pointing to several files that have different contents. My argument is that that approach is based on your personal reading of the specification, one that I think is stretching both the letter and the intention of the specification too far.

Other than that, this discussion is very interesting and I hope that we can reach some consensus in the course of developing DCAT version 3. For the time being, let's not jump to conclusions. As I wrote, you have every right to build systems based on what you feel is natural, but it is not guaranteed that your solution is widely interoperable.

--
GitHub Notification of comment by makxdekkers
Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/dxwg/issues/868#issuecomment-533793042 using your GitHub account