Re: [dxwg] Introduce mappingFrom and mappingTo properties (#810)

From: Karen Coyle via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Wed, 18 Sep 2019 17:05:56 +0000
To: public-dxwg-wg@w3.org
@aisaac I can't imagine the utility of getting something that vague. If it's just "with" then it requires a human to actually read the document (well, at least the title) to determine if it is useful. So I suppose this takes us back to use cases for this vocabulary, and we don't have any that speak to it in any kind of detail. I can imagine wanting to scan the universe of profile data to find specific mappings ("what is a mapping between X and Y"), or even more specific: "what can I use to map from X to Y". But I can't imagine someone wanting "any related mapping between any format and this profile, or from this profile to anything else".

Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/dxwg/issues/810#issuecomment-532776849 using your GitHub account