Re: [dxwg] Consider use of adms:identifier instead of prof:token (#453)

From: aisaac via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Tue, 17 Sep 2019 11:03:52 +0000
To: public-dxwg-wg@w3.org
Noting that in his latest PR @nicholascar has changed the definition to:
> The preferred identifier for the Profile, in circumstances where its URI cannot be used.

and the usage note to:
> A simple lexical form of identifier that may be accepted in some circumstances, such as API arguments or in content negotiation, to reference this profile. This is a “preferred term”, since alternative identifiers may be declared and used by any implementation

I believe these two together are good enough for alleviating latest concerns. I.e. it expresses that this is how a profile's publisher says the profile should be refered to, when the URI can't be used. And examples are given.

Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/dxwg/issues/453#issuecomment-532172409 using your GitHub account