Re: [dxwg] How to express available formats for a dcat:Dataservice (#1055)

From: Stephen Richard via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Thu, 12 Sep 2019 16:38:12 +0000
To: public-dxwg-wg@w3.org
It seems to me that the situation where a distribution might have multiple formats is via dcat:Distribution/dcat:accessService/dcat:DataService, for which the data service offers different formats via content negotiation.  As far as I can tell, there really isn't any mechanism to describe content negotiation options other than via the dcat:DataService/dcat:endpointDescription. The interpretation that in dcat:Distribution each dcat:downloadURL is associated with one dcat:mediaType (or dcat:packageFormat).   @dr-shorthair 's encoding of various formats for a Dataset accessed via a service is fine, but really doesn't help the user figure out how they are supposed to access a particular format. Perhaps there would need to be an understanding to look at the dcat:DataService/dcat:endpointDescription.

--
GitHub Notification of comment by smrgeoinfo
Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/dxwg/issues/1055#issuecomment-530906940 using your GitHub account