Re: [dxwg] Suggested updates to definition of PROF constructs (#1061)

From: Karen Coyle via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Thu, 12 Sep 2019 15:17:52 +0000
To: public-dxwg-wg@w3.org
hasResource

> "Relates a Profile to an artefact that implements (some aspects of) it, fulfilling a specific role in relation to the Profile."

The object of this is an instance of the class ResourceDescriptor, which then contains a link to the resource. So I think this needs to read:

> "Relates a Profile to the description of the resource that has a specific role in the Profile."

It can't have a role in "relation to" the profile, since the profile is essentially an abstract class. The various profile resources ARE the profile.

Again, I find "relates" to be weak, and think this could even be:

> "The resource that has a specific role in the Profile."

This follows how DCAT has done its definitions, which essentially define the object of the property, not the property itself:

>dct:conformsTo
Definition: | An established standard to which the described resource conforms.

I think this is clear as a definition model and greatly simplifies the definitions.

Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/dxwg/issues/1061#issuecomment-530874596 using your GitHub account