Re: [dxwg] Axiomitise transitivity of dct:conformsTo through isProfileOf relationships (#844)

From: aisaac via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Thu, 12 Sep 2019 12:29:34 +0000
To: public-dxwg-wg@w3.org
@rob-metalinkage as much as my case may require not having a tight axiomatization for prof:isProfileOf, I reckon that prof:isProfileOf owl:equivalent dc:relation is just impossible. dc:relation is a super-property of many DC elements, and the suggested axiom would imply that these properties would then be also sub-properties of isProfileOf. Some of them may fit (e.g. for dc:references, maybe we can say that a profile of another spec references that spec). But for some of them this doesn't fit: dc:replaces  or dc:hasFormat clearly can't be sub-properties of prof:isProfileOf, even with a wide interpretation of prof:isProfileOf.

Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/dxwg/issues/844#issuecomment-530802330 using your GitHub account