[dxwg] Definition of prof:isProfileOf (#1068)

From: Karen Coyle via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Wed, 11 Sep 2019 15:43:36 +0000
To: public-dxwg-wg@w3.org
kcoyle has just created a new issue for https://github.com/w3c/dxwg:

== Definition of prof:isProfileOf ==
The current definition of `prof:isProfileOf` is:

>The subject of 'is profile of' defines constraints on the object which playes the role of a base specification

As "specification" has been defined, not all specifications are profiles. The "axiomatization" of isProfileOf (#844) implies that the object of `isProfileOf` is a profile.

I see two things that need to be clarified:
1) what is the relationship of a profile to the object of `isProfileOf`? It may constrain but it also may expand on, so defining this as constraints does not convey that.
2) what is the object of `isProfileOf`? This has been discussed elsewhere (e.g. #507) but I cannot find a conclusion. If the object is not a profile itself, then the axiomatization in #844 needs to reflect that.

Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/dxwg/issues/1068 using your GitHub account