Re: [dxwg] Axiomitise transitivity of dct:conformsTo through isProfileOf relationships (#844)

From: makxdekkers via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Mon, 09 Sep 2019 18:33:44 +0000
To: public-dxwg-wg@w3.org
@rob-metalinkage @smrgeoinfo Are you saying that the kinds of rules specified in https://joinup.ec.europa.eu/release/dcat-ap-how-extend-dcat-ap are implied for the `prof:isProfileOf` property?
I don't see that in the definition or usage note at https://w3c.github.io/dxwg/profilesont/#Property:isProfileOf. I read: "_All constraints of these specifications are inherited, in the sense that an object conforming to a profile conforms to all the constraints specified the targets of prof:isProfileOf relations_" (something wrong with the sentence) which to me says that a national DCAT profile is not allowed to change constraints of DCAT-AP, not even to relax or widen the scope or change cardinalities. If such a set of rules is implied, maybe this should be made explicit.

--
GitHub Notification of comment by makxdekkers
Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/dxwg/issues/844#issuecomment-529609611 using your GitHub account