Re: [dxwg] Simplify ontology by remove inverse and transitive properties (#661)

From: Nicholas Car via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Tue, 03 Sep 2019 14:15:28 +0000
To: public-dxwg-wg@w3.org
As stated above, we have motivating use cases for a transitive property ("flattening" of profile hierarchies) so `prof:isTransitiveProfileOf` remains for now, however the discussion about it continues see #643.

Currently, [next to the property in question](https://raw.githack.com/w3c/dxwg/prof-3PWD-candidate/prof/index.html#Property:isTransitiveProfileOf), we have placed a rational for including it based on SKOS' use of similar properties and illustrated potential use with an example ([Example 3](https://raw.githack.com/w3c/dxwg/prof-3PWD-candidate/prof/index.html#eg-isTransitiveProfileOf)).

These comments have been forwarded to the Issue raiser, Irene Polikoff, via the DXWG public mailing list.

--
GitHub Notification of comment by nicholascar
Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/dxwg/issues/661#issuecomment-527477942 using your GitHub account