Re: [dxwg] Reference DC Singapore Framework (#400)

From: Rob Atkinson via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Mon, 02 Sep 2019 23:34:05 +0000
To: public-dxwg-wg@w3.org
@kcoyle thanks for more info here - I think this is a useful illustration of the need to identify things unambiguously - as there are obviously multiple specifications here at different levels of abstraction.  PROF doesnt care if there is a constraint language representation or not - its about being able to make statements about how these thing relate to each other.  We still dont have a statement we feel would be understood and uncontroversial about things in the DCAP that allows us to unambiguously identify both the subject and object - so we may indeed be best to leave it out.  Its a bit sad as i dont see any inherent reason PROF wouldnt apply and help DCAP communities clarify how things relate - but if we can't rely on any assertions as a starting point its hard to take the next step and show how.

--
GitHub Notification of comment by rob-metalinkage
Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/dxwg/issues/400#issuecomment-527257634 using your GitHub account