Re: [dxwg] Updated PROF alignments, as per DXWG wiki (#828)

From: Nicholas Car via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Mon, 25 Mar 2019 14:34:30 +0000
To: public-dxwg-wg@w3.org
@andrea-perego:

> As `prof:Profile` is said not to be a subclass of `dcat:Dataset` (so I guess it is disjoint from it), whereas `adms:Asset` is a subclass of `dcat:Dataset`, I don't see how a profile can be also an adms:Asset (which I think it is).

Since `prof:Profile` is not declared as disjoint with `dcat:Dataset`, you can't conclude (guess) that it is disjoint, only that it's not been declared a subclass/equivalent etc. So, the logic holds here that, as I originally wrote, "...resources could easily be dually typed as being of both `prof:Profile` and `adms:Asset`".

> Is there a strong motivation why `prof:Profile` shouldn't be made a subclass of `dcat:Dataset`?

Only the general sense that a Profile isn't necissarily a Dataset. Again, Profile it's not declared not a Dataset, just no strong commitment is made.

--
GitHub Notification of comment by nicholascar
Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/dxwg/pull/828#issuecomment-476223729 using your GitHub account