Re: [dxwg] Rename Resource Descriptor class (#573)

From: makxdekkers via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Thu, 21 Mar 2019 19:13:31 +0000
To: public-dxwg-wg@w3.org
@kcoyle You make an interesting observation about the "reification" of `dcat:Distribution`. As far as I know, all users of DCAT take for granted that the triples are indeed about the file found at access URL even if the specification does not explicitly say so.

I do, however, agree that @smrgeoinfo's diagram at https://github.com/w3c/dxwg/issues/573#issuecomment-438688720 contains one level too many. I would think that `prof:ResourceDescriptor` is on the same level as `dcat:Distribution` -- they share a lot of properties, with `prof:ResourceDescriptor` just adding type and role.

--
GitHub Notification of comment by makxdekkers
Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/dxwg/issues/573#issuecomment-475366080 using your GitHub account