Re: [dxwg] Why some skos:definition for dc terms are missing in the dcat.ttl? (#983)

From: Riccardo Albertoni via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Mon, 15 Jul 2019 14:55:16 +0000
To: public-dxwg-wg@w3.org
> I suspect that rdfs:comment(s) were used in the previous version of dcat and we have mostly inherited their usage, while skos:definition(s) have been added for terms defined dcat2.
>
> AFAIK, skos:definition is not a sub-property of rdfs:comment, so If we want to be back compatible with the systems that already exploit rdf:comments in their GUI, I see the following possibilities:
> A- turning all the skos:definition in rdfs:comment
> B- use both for all the terms
>
> is there any objection if we implement the solution A? any other ideas?

@akuckartz seems to dislike Solution A,  we might still choose between
B- use both skos:definition and rdfs:comment for all the terms
C- replacing all the rdfs:comment in skos:definition (losing back-compatibility with systems that expect rdfs:comments as in dcat 1.0)
Any preference?

--
GitHub Notification of comment by riccardoAlbertoni
Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/dxwg/issues/983#issuecomment-511436756 using your GitHub account