Re: [dxwg] dcat:Resource description edits, section 5.1 (#966)

From: Karen Coyle via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Tue, 02 Jul 2019 14:36:22 +0000
To: public-dxwg-wg@w3.org
This may be too far afield from DCAT, but in libraries we say that metadata _describes_ a resource, and also that the metadata record is a _surrogate_ for the resource itself. To me, "represent" doesn't quite carry the idea that it contains key information about the resource. You could use a triangle to represent a mountain on a map, but it doesn't say much about the mountain.

Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/dxwg/issues/966#issuecomment-507705865 using your GitHub account