Re: Request for feedback: Changes to Revised DCAT Editors' Draft since 2nd PWD

On 1/10/19 2:21 PM, Alejandra Gonzalez-Beltran wrote:
> Dear All,
>
> In the DCAT group call, we discussed that it would be great to start
> having the internal feedback on the latest additions to the DCAT
> Revision. In particular, the additions to the Editors' Draft [1] since
> the 2nd Public Working Draft [2], as enumerated below:
>
> - a new section on
> 'Licenses<https://services.w3.org/htmldiff?doc1=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.w3.org%2FTR%2Fvocab-dcat-2%2F&doc2=https%3A%2F%2Fw3c.github.io%2Fdxwg%2Fdcat#license-rights>
> and right statements' [3] was added to describe patterns for linking
> dcat:Datasets and dcat:Distributions to the relevant license and rights
> expressions.

I find the statements in point #3 referring to ODRL and copyright to be
a bit confusing, since actual ODRL licenses are covered shortly after
that. An example of using ODRL to give copyright info would be very
helpful here. (Also note typo at end of point 3 "statementss".)

> - a new property dcat:hadRole [4] was added to support the use of
> prov:qualifiedAttribution to associate an agent with a DCAT resource,
> where the role of the agent with relation to the resource is specified,
> and is something other than the standard Dublin Core roles: creator,
> publisher or contributor - see Issue #79
> <https://github.com/w3c/dxwg/issues/79>
>
> - a new section on 'Attribution roles' [5] was added to recommend a
> pattern for assigning an agent to a catalogued resource with a qualified
> relationship.
>
> - a new section on 'De-referenceable identifier' [6] was added to
> describe how to indicate different types of identifiers by using
> [DCTERMS <https://w3c.github.io/dxwg/dcat/#bib-dcterms>] and [vocab-adms
> <https://w3c.github.io/dxwg/dcat/#bib-vocab-adms>]

I don't think this is the best wording to open this section: "DCAT
should rely on persistent HTTP URIs,..." I suspect what is mean is that
when identifiers are used in DCAT they should be HTTP URIs. But that
also is unclear because the DCAT RDF vocabulary by its nature must use
HTTP URIs for all "things". So something else is needed to explain what
the optional situations are where a choice can be made. I'm afraid it
wasn't clear to me what situations the section was referring to.

I found the other revised sections to be clear.

Thank you,
kc