[dxwg] Privacy concern with profile negotiation (#782)

From: Annette Greiner via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Thu, 28 Feb 2019 22:32:09 +0000
To: public-dxwg-wg@w3.org
agreiner has just created a new issue for https://github.com/w3c/dxwg:

== Privacy concern with profile negotiation ==
The Privacy and Security section states that "there are no known security or privacy impacts of this feature." There is one privacy issue that I think we should acknowledge. That is the fact that offering a list of acceptable profiles in the beginning of a negotiation can reveal information about the user's interests. It takes relatively few data points of that type to begin to compromise privacy. Headers facilitating server-side content negotiation could become a new method of mining data about users.

Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/dxwg/issues/782 using your GitHub account