Re: [dxwg] Summary statistics [RSS] (#84)

From: Riccardo Albertoni via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Wed, 20 Feb 2019 16:09:38 +0000
To: public-dxwg-wg@w3.org
@dr-shorthair wrote:
>`...`
`dcat:spatialResolution [`
 `      a dcat:Measure ;`
`        dcat:amount 30.0 ;`
`        dcat:unitOfMeasure <http://qudt.org/vocab/unit/M> ;`
 `   ] ;`

 I am not very convinced about the need to mint a new property for dcat:unitOfMeasure.

`sdmx-attribute:unitMeasure ` is widely used,  W3C recommendations such as RDF data cube use it, and I  am concerned about introducing new patterns when there is one which is more or less well-accepted.

I see pros and cons in having both approaches : DQV/RDF DATA CUBE style and the DCAT properties.
 If we go for defining new dcat properties, I guess that we should anyway explicitly refer to SDW best practice which reuses DQV/RDF DATA CUBE for the more general cases.

--
GitHub Notification of comment by riccardoAlbertoni
Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/dxwg/issues/84#issuecomment-465643579 using your GitHub account