Re: [dxwg] Version subject [RVSS] (#93)

From: David Browning via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Fri, 15 Feb 2019 14:04:33 +0000
To: public-dxwg-wg@w3.org
@andrea-perego said

> In other words, shouldn't versioning be related to content/data only?

This is the key question, isn't it?  We're certainly more interested in content/data than in versions of software but I'm struggling to see how that could work in practice.  For example, if I say that I'm using a specific version of a `dcat:DataService` and then the end point changes to a new version then it may behave differently - for example, if the previous endpoint had a defect/bug that was then fixed.  Wouldn't some users want that change to be reflected in the `dcat:DataService` version?

So I don't see how we can limit it **just** to the content/data... Of course I may be missing a subtlety somewhere that we need to explain.

--
GitHub Notification of comment by davebrowning
Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/dxwg/issues/93#issuecomment-464061239 using your GitHub account