Re: [dxwg] FPWD comment: use dcat:Distribution for Resource (#529)

From: Andrea Perego via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Thu, 14 Feb 2019 22:30:01 +0000
To: public-dxwg-wg@w3.org
@aisaac , I share your interpretation of @smrgeoinfo 's proposal.

Making a comparison with ADMS/DCAT, `prof:ResouceDescriptor` is an intermediate entity (not present in ADMS and DCAT) linking a `prof:Profile` (which would be an `adms:Asset` in ADMS) to one or more artifacts (which would be an `adms:AssetDistribution` in ADMS). Consequently, all what is about format, data schema, etc. should be an attribute of the "artifact" (as distribution), not of the `prof:ResourceDescriptor`.

My concern is that I'm not yet seeing a strong case why we need an intermediate, abstract entity, instead of making `prof:ResourceDescription` a distribution, and the property linking to the artifact something similar to `dcat:accessURL`.

--
GitHub Notification of comment by andrea-perego
Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/dxwg/issues/529#issuecomment-463828376 using your GitHub account