Re: [dxwg] Create generic properties such as "hasExpression" or "documentedIn" instead of hasResource/(hasRole | hasArtifact) (#747)

From: makxdekkers via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Thu, 14 Feb 2019 13:43:59 +0000
To: public-dxwg-wg@w3.org
@aisaac Apologies, I probably shouldn't have said that the two approaches are not different semantically. I understand that word comes loaded with all kinds of formal connotations. I was simply trying to say that you can express the roles either way -- with RDF properties or with SKOS concepts -- and convey the same meaning, in the human understanding sense.
I guess the misunderstanding is that you are looking at the modelling issues and I am looking at the practical implications.
I do agree both approaches have the same issues. I just think that doing it with a SKOS concept scheme with some named individuals could create an expectation that someone can propose additional concepts to be included, and I think there is no way to do that if there is no organisation that commits to maintain the concept scheme over time.

--
GitHub Notification of comment by makxdekkers
Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/dxwg/issues/747#issuecomment-463631363 using your GitHub account