Re: [dxwg] Citations and Distributions (#433)

From: Simon Cox via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Tue, 05 Feb 2019 22:39:16 +0000
To: public-dxwg-wg@w3.org
Discussion in Sprint meeting was that
- the lack of domain constraints on properties needed for citation (e.g. `dct:creator`, `dct:publisher` etc) means that they could be used on a `dcat:Distribution` if required
- we are reluctant to copy more of the properties associated with a `dcat:Dataset`  down to the `dcat:Distribution` class, as it muddies the model. We do want to preserve the core distinction between datasets and distributions
- we generally expect citations to be to datasets. If only a specific distribution is intended then that should be indicated with additional narrative alongside the formal citation

The consensus was not to change the model for `dcat:Distribution`.

Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/dxwg/issues/433#issuecomment-460832536 using your GitHub account