Re: [dxwg] Change domain or create superclass of dcat:Distribution (#317)

From: Simon Cox via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Mon, 04 Feb 2019 21:47:00 +0000
To: public-dxwg-wg@w3.org
Thanks @makxdekkers - I think you are suggesting that there are more than enough classes available in existing vocabularies to enable suitable typing of the target of `dct:relation` properties. That is true, though it does require users to be familiar with the options. I guess I was trying to gather them together in the scope of DCAT but I'll stop now.

Regarding this phrasing
> the definition of dcat:Distribution now states: "represents an accessible form or representation of a dataset ..." so it "represents ... a representation".

Yes, that is unfortunate. The noun 'representation' in this sentence is a nod to Fielding's 'REST' principle, where it contributes the 'R'. You will also recall that an earlier iteration of the definition avoided the repetition as it read "_describes_ an accessible form or representation of a dataset ...", but then either you or @kcoyle requested the change! But probably not necessary to introduce this in the overview - it is clarified in the normative clause anyway.

Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/dxwg/issues/317#issuecomment-460425910 using your GitHub account