Re: [dxwg] Harmonization with ISO/IEC concepts (#722)

From: makxdekkers via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Mon, 04 Feb 2019 11:22:40 +0000
To: public-dxwg-wg@w3.org
I would like to repeat my opinion that a discussion about the semantics of DCMI terms should be moved to the appropriate discussion platform at DCMI (which would that be, Karen?).
DCAT just reuses the definitions of `dct:Standard` and `dct:conformsTo` from DCMI and we have no way to change those.
If we think that, in the context of DCAT, it is necessary to have more strict definitions, then we need to create new properties and classes, e.g.
`dcat:follows` `dcat:Guidance`, where Guidance is any non-formal set of rules
`dcat:respects` `dcat:FormalStandard` where FormalStandard is a specification endorsed by a formally recognised "standards developing organization (SDO) or standards setting organization (SSO)".
However, I don't think this is necesary based on our use cases.

--
GitHub Notification of comment by makxdekkers
Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/dxwg/issues/722#issuecomment-460213476 using your GitHub account