Re: [dxwg] Create a use case and requirement for "central" authoritative validation rules (#597)

From: Nicholas Car via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Fri, 01 Feb 2019 02:21:46 +0000
To: public-dxwg-wg@w3.org
An addendum to my comment above: although we may specify a role for an authoritative resource and people may expect to use that with things like PDF, in our (CSIRO) data consulting to government, we are moving to get machein-redable versions of things to be the authoritative resources e.g. mining tenement reporting data submitted to the Queensland Geological Survey must validate against a SHACL shapes graph which is normative and the description of requirements, a PDF, is only informative.

This is perhaps a fundamental shift from English to formal languages for authority/conformance assessment.

--
GitHub Notification of comment by nicholascar
Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/dxwg/issues/597#issuecomment-459581494 using your GitHub account