Re: [dxwg] Confusion between major classes as newly defined in DCAT

The word has some history around RDF too

"Resource Description Framework"

In RDFS we eventually said that all things are resources,
https://www.w3.org/TR/rdf-schema/#ch_resource

There was another sense floating around too, tied more to HTTP, REST and
the URI/URL/IRI/URN debates.

....and in educational metadata and digital library settings, and to some
extent early Dublin Core discussions, it meant more like "something you
might discover and use", hence resource discovery etc ...