RE: Profiles ont namespace and profile docs short names - please respond

'prof' for the namespace, 'prof-ont' for the ontology document shortcode.

Yes I would PR the GitHub folder name changes when agreement is reached.

From: Alejandra Gonzalez-Beltran <alejandra.gonzalezbeltran@oerc.ox.ac.uk>
Sent: Thursday, 8 November 2018 12:22 AM
To: Car, Nicholas (L&W, Dutton Park) <Nicholas.Car@csiro.au>; public-dxwg-wg@w3.org; dsr@w3.org
Subject: Re: Profiles ont namespace and profile docs short names - please respond

Hi,

On 07/11/2018 13:55, Car, Nicholas (L&W, Dutton Park) wrote:
Hi all,

NAMESPACE
The namespace proposed for the Profiles Ontology by Dave Raggett as likely easy for the W3C to manage is:

https://www.w3.org/ns/dx/prof/

The /dx/ indicates this WG. Please note this is a slash URI, as opposed to a hash URI, to allow for sub-namespaces, should they be needed.

I recommend we adopt this namespace.

PROFILE DOCS
The short codes informally in use for the profile documents are:

prof-guide - Profile Guidance
conneg-by-ap - Content Negotiation by Profile
prof-ont - Profiles Ontology
So, what is the proposal 'prof' (as in the namespace above) or 'prof-ont' as here?

prof-ietf - IETF draft (used in references only, not in doc names)

I recommend changing the conneg-by-ap to prof-conneg for "prof-" consistency, and the rest staying as they are.

+1 to changing conneg-by-ap to prof-conneg

I guess you will also change the folder in github to reflect this, once these names are decided.

Thanks,

Alejandra

Please could WG members with any suggestions for these proposals weigh in via replies to this email before next week's plenary meeting?

Thanks,

Nick

Nicholas Car
Senior Experimental Scientist
CSIRO Land & Water
41 Boggo Road, Dutton Park, QLD 4102, Australia
E nicholas.car@csiro.au<mailto:nicholas.car@csiro.au> M 0477 560 177 P 07 3833 5632