Re: [dxwg] profileDesc and the Guidance document

From: kcoyle via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Mon, 04 Jun 2018 20:39:11 +0000
To: public-dxwg-wg@w3.org
@aisaac " A profile MUST be based on some existing data standard(s)." What I worry about is that we'll be asked to define "existing data standard" and some people will want "It's gotta be W3C or ISO..." and others will be "My institution decided this, so it's a standard."  The Dublin Core approach is that a profile must use terms defined _somewhere_, without saying where, how, or what is considered a valid term to use.  Can we be that vague?

Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/dxwg/issues/242#issuecomment-394491387 using your GitHub account