Re: [dxwg] Profile negotiation [RPFN]

From: Annette Greiner via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Fri, 01 Jun 2018 23:12:41 +0000
To: public-dxwg-wg@w3.org
I'm talking about the motivation to use negotiation. If the only motivation is to have the same resource available in conformance to different profiles, I don't see any particular reason to have profile negotiation that works like content negotiation. Having multiple profiles available is realized already by just offering a version of the dataset that conforms to one profile under one URL and a version that applies to another under another URL. Sorry I can't recall where it was expressed, but the idea of one URL for multiple profiles came from someone else in the group (maybe Lars?).

--
GitHub Notification of comment by agreiner
Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/dxwg/issues/74#issuecomment-394032662 using your GitHub account